Friday 25 January 2013

The End...Finally

Well here it is the end. One last post. My final thoughts on this class for 99% of the time are super positive. I have really enjoyed this class and my perspective as I have said many times of technology has changed for the better. My favorite assignment this semester was definitely the buried life project. I had a bucket list before but I never had the opportunity to present it virtually and share my items to my friends and peers. My least favorite project would have had to be the newspaper blackout poetry. I guess I just struggled getting something original out of someone else's article. It's not that I didn't like the project, I just found it to hard to come out with something original that I felt belonged to me and reflected me as a writer. Friday's were also one of the things I liked the most in the class. In a lot of other classes we never really get the opportunity in class to read a book we pick and are interested in. It's always the mandatory novel's which no one likes. Anyways I like just sitting down and getting time to read something I enjoy on a weekly basis. As for weekly reading reflections, I think those really helped me with my reading. It offered me the time to think about what I just read and to analyse aspects of the book. My favorite part was when we switched to the twitter reading reflections from the classic 250 word responses.

Now to blogging. As a whole I enjoyed it for the most part, but I didn't take into consideration how much work it would be to maintain my blog. At first I was almost intimidated posting my work online for everyone to see but as the semester progressed so did confidence with the blog. I think at the end, my blog was a direct representation of me and my abilities as well as who I am as a person. As a reader and writer I was surprised to learn I am more creative then I ever thought, and technology is something I can use for the better. I like being able to promote myself and blogging and twitter are area's I can do so productively. The integration of technology is this course has become so useful I couldn't imagine doing English class without the use of a blog or even twitter. Before this class, I was very careful about using social media and I still am today. I am just more aware of the positive outcomes it can have.

Twitter was always something I really had no interest in before this class. When I created my professional account, I was surprised to see how many people used twitter constructively. Sure some people only post stupid tweets and rude comments, but for the most part in this class especially twitter was used without incidents. As for constructive criticism the only suggestion I have is that we could have incorporated more video and media into the course. (movies and music) Maybe even sports. Just something that would have peaked my interest even more.

Advice I have to offer for future students...
-Don't fall behind on your blog posts and personal additions. Keep up to date because it's hard to catch up. This class moves at a fast past.
-Don't worry if you don't have and prior social media experience. Ms. McLauchlan has far enough knowledge to spread around.
-Blogging in this class in professional. No stupid posts.
-Reading/Writing reflexions are time consuming so get as much done in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment